January 27, 10:00-1:05 EST
10:00-10:05 ET Opening Remarks
10:05-10:45 ET Stick or Twist
It's going to be a long-dark winter, with travel restrictions growing across Europe and travel falling again around the world. After a difficult year, many investors are unable to pay their loans and the banks are wondering how long they can pretend and extend. Can the brands persuade you it's worth staying with their new slimmed-down costs? There's a vaccine on the horizon; do you get out of hotels and sell up or stay and take the long-term view?
- Rachel Moniz, EVP of Operations, HEI Hotels
- Biran Patel, Chairman, AAHOA / Partner, BHP Investments Co.
- Sarang Peruri, COO, Oxford Capital Group / Partner, Oxford Hotels & Resorts
- Brian Waldman, EVP of Investments, Peachtree Hotel Group
- Katherine Doggrell, Editor-in-Chief EMEA, Questex
10:45-10:50 ET Break
10:50-11:30 ET Technology – are you with IT?
Leaner operations call for less impact from both fixed and variable costs and the technology now exists to take slices out all over the bottom line. Ecologically-sound hardware is cutting energy costs, while a good PMS should make operations more efficient.
- Neal Patel, Treasurer, AAHOA / Managing Partner, Blue Chip Hotels
- Scott Strickland, CIO, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Diane Estner, Founder, DANNI Enterprises
11:30-11:35 ET Break
11:35-12:15 ET Insurance, Lawsuits and Risk Management
Any public space was at risk of finding itself at the centre of a lawsuit and the pandemic has only increased the options for the litigious guest. Can you protect yourself by having verified cleanliness standards, such as that offered by Bureau Veritas, or is there insurance to cover your property?
- Jackie Collins, Senior Director/Vice President, Real Estate & Hospitality Practice, Gallagher
- Mike Marshall, President & CEO, Marshall Hotels & Resorts
- Sherry Orel, President, Bureau Veritas
- Elaine Simon, Senior Managing Editor, Questex
Sponsored by Bureau Veritas
12:15-12:20 ET Break
12:20-1:00 ET Where the Opportunities Are
The transaction market is expected to be brisk in the first half of the year. Where are the opportunities, what types of hotels are going to be changing hands, what will the bid/ask price look like and is now the time to hold or sell?
- Eric Guerrero, Managing Director, Brokerage & Advisor, HVS
- Daniel Lesser, President & CEO, LW Hospitality Advisors
- Catherine Morgen, Partner, Morris, Manning & Martin
- Alan Tantleff, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- CJ Arlotta, Managing Member, CJ Media Solutions
1:00 ET Wrap Up